Monday 28 July 2014

Benefit Review: Play Stick and They're Real Push Up Liner


Hi Guys! I know I am way over due for a post and have just been lurking around leaving all the posting to Angel (sorryyyyy)... I swear I'll be a bit more active. I've actually written up a few things but never finished them because I get easily distracted. So here we are! My new benefit cosmetics arrived in the mail while I was on holiday! For those who do no have access to Benefit, they ship internationally from their US website - which is where I got mine. Check them out here: Benefit cosmetics

Benefit is a moderately priced cosmetic brand that is aimed at younger audiences, even though I've seen mature ladies buy their mascara! But it's their fabulous pop retro pink themed counters that are bound to attract ladies of all ages. 



$36 Play Stick
First thing I got in this order was the benefit Play Stick in the colour Spin the Bottle. This is a stick foundation that starts off as a cream but blends into a powdery form. I like how easy it is to carry around and you can use it for a quick touch up through out the day. I only purchased this because I currently don't have a foundation and have been surviving on BB creams/samples.
The problem I have with this product is sometimes it would cake a little and even though it states that it's an ultra light foundation - it feels quite heavy on the skin. I can never blend it evenly with my fingers so I always have to use my beauty blender.
Verdict: Probably won't purchase again - as I didn't find the exact shade and this one was a bit dark... Plus I prefer the Bobbi Brown Stick Foundation in terms of texture. I feel like I've wasted my money this time.




They're Real $24

Oh boy, I don't know where to start with this product. I've been so excited ever since the rumours came out - I've always LOVED gel liners but hated using a brush (cleaning is a pain)... and so this product basically took care of both my love and hate. 
Gel liners are meant to be easily applied, long lasting and smudge proof... AND semi-water resistant. This liner does all of the above except "ease of application". As a make-up artist who's done countless eye liner on people, I've struggled to use this for the first time. I had no idea how much I should twist for enough to come out or how to angle the head so it would draw a thinner line. It also dried really quickly so working quick is the trick! The texture is smooth, the colour is SUPER pigmented (probably the blackest of black) and it's COMPLETELY budge proof for a while... till it starts to flake off my eyes. It just looks terrible by the end of the day and the flakes have gotten into my eyes :( 
You definitely cannot achieve a very thin line without going wrong a few times....
Verdict: I still have a love and hate relationship with this! I love how pigmented and innovative it is, but HATE it fact that it's not up to standard like my Bobbi Brown gel liner (which as withstood heavy rain). I probably won' get this again because I prefer my liquid liners Motive and Tony Moly over this. Sorry Benefit, you failed to impress me this time around :(


Well I hope you enjoyed my very first make-up review! I do apologise for delays. I'm currently going to a very busy time... For those of you who don't know what I do, I am a full time Master student and currently working two jobs 7 days a week. But I have finally decided to leave the retail make-up industry for something more related to my degree. I can't wait to have my weekends back :) At least then I'll be able to blog all I want. Hope you'll all stick around with us!

<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment