Tuesday 22 July 2014

Skincare: Skincare Routine while on Oratane

Hi Everyone <3

Todays blogpost is going to be about my experience with an acne treatment called Oratane.




For the past few years my skin has been on and off, where pimples would just come out of no where whenever they wanted to! It gets irritating especially when you have something planned in the next few days and you have this huge red bump in the middle of your face! Tell me about it, I totally know what you going through!

I never had severe acne but I was just very insecure with my skin because I'm a makeup artist and wanted my skin to be PERFECT!

My doctor prescribed me Oratane (20g) because he said my acne was not severe so I would just need to be on it for about 3 months. To my understanding, Oratane and Accutane is the same thing but Accutane is just twice as more expensive but it works the same.

NB! With any acne treatment, you would need to be on some sort of birth control!

Anyways... MY EXPERIENCE

The first few days on this treatment was a NIGHTMARE!! The reason for that was because of my skincare routine. For the past 5 years I've only stuck to one skincare brand which was Chanel and I tried many but my go to brand was Chanel. I used the hydra beauty which is extremely moisturising but somehow it just didn't work for my skin so I was using the same skincare for the first week and decided that I cannot carry on because I looked like snake skin - literally!

My skin was peeling and it was flaking whenever I wore foundation and obviously if my skin looked like that, how can I convince customers to buy foundation!

I was a combination skin, oily on the T-zone and normal everywhere else, but because of the treatment I was extremely dry no matter how much moisturiser I had put on. Then someone explained to me that my skin is not dry, its the treatment thats making it dry while you need to balance the oils and water in your skin - if that makes sense :P

So I went hunting around for the perfect skincare for my skin while it's on treatment, after many many failures and returns I came across Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Lotion and Bioderma Sébium Hydra (this is a moisturiser for dry skin thats caused by acne treatment) I also use a spot treatment called Skinoren.


This treatment makes you get super dry lips! When I say dry.... I mean DRYYYYY!!! Its really uncomfortable because your skin starts peeling and it starts to crack and YES it hurts!! So, my holygrail product is the Eucerin Aquaphor!

My Skincare Routine:

1.  I would remove all my makeup with Bobbi Brown Soothing Cleansing Oil, where you would apply dry then rinsing it with luke warm water.
2. Using Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Lotion to wash off all the excess makeup or dirt and rinsing it with luke warm water.
3. Apply the Bioderma moisturiser and warm it up between your fingers before applying onto your face. 
4. Apply Skinoren Spot Treatment to areas needed.
5. Apply Eucerin Aquaphor to dry lips 

Mind my bare face! The treatment does make your
 face red because your skin is extremely sensitive!

Prices:

- Oratane    R490 a month
- Bobbi Brown Cleansing Oil     R720
- Cetaphil 250ml      R130
- Bioderma Moisturiser 40ml          R190
- Skinoren Spot Treatment           R180
- Eucerin Aquaphor             R85

You can purchase these products at any local pharmacy.

NB: This is NOT a post to influence anyone to go on any sort of acne treatment! This is simply my own experience and what works for me and also to help others struggling to find skincare while on treatment :)

Thank you for reading and I hope this has helped :)
Please don't forget to follow and comment below
x

<3 Angel


1 comment: