Tuesday 22 July 2014

Travel: Bagamoya Wildlife Estate

Hello World ~

So this blog post is going to be about an amazing getaway experience in Bloemfontein South Africa.

I travel to Bloemfontein from Cape Town a lot because my boyfriend and his family stays there, and for the past 4 years, I have always been bored whenever I was there, so finally my boyfriend has done some research and looked up places to go~

http://www.bagamoyawildlifeestate.co.za
And here we found Bagamoya Wildlife Estate and this was where my journey began....

The Bagamoya Wildlife Estate is situated less than 30km outside of Bloemfontein, its super easy to find! 


It was a summers day, boiling hot and we arrived around 12pm. We met the owners, Sharine and Botha Barnard and they were so friendly and welcoming! 
Sharine then explained all the activities that we could do, and the one I wanted to do was FEEDING THE LIONS CUSTARD!!!! Like seriously??? I was soooo surprised when I heard this.... I turned to my boyfriend Daniel and I just looked at him with my "puppy eyes" and he just nodded and said okay okay we can do EVERYTHING!!!

While waiting for Sharine to make the yummy custard, Daniel and I toured around the Estate, there was a mini zoo type of vibe where there was meerkats, deers, all different types of birds and many cute little furry animals! 

but first lets take a selfie ;P

Then her husband Botha took us around the game farm where there was so many animals (I don't even know half of what i saw because there were soooo many). We hopped on at the back of this mini vehicle thing and we had so much fun, I felt like a kid again :D

Beautiful tigers right outside their café
Can you imagine how big this place is!
After the game drive we had a delicious lunch that Sharine (Masterchef) hahaha made for us, it was so much we could not finish it! 

Then after the REAL FUN began...

CUSTARD FEEDING TIMEEEEEE!!!!

I was so excited to finally feed the lions some dessert! The custard was so yummy that I couldn't stop eating it but then Sharine said I should leave some for the lions hahahaha!! 

Here are some pictures from our amazing experience <3











Look how HUGE they are! I fell in love with them the minute I walked into their home, it was so funny because all the lions were by me and all the lioness was by Daniel! It was super cute!

THIS WAS THE END OF DAY 1

YESSSSS..... DAY 2 
It didn't stop me from going back the second day haha

Day 2 was interactions with baby cubs!! naaaawwww they were just so adorable <3








So this pretty much sums up my very first experience at Bagamoya Wildlife Estate! And yes its my all time favourite place to be, I visit whenever I'm in Bloemfontein! Stay tuned for some more new exciting pictures in my next post!

<3 Angel





No comments:

Post a Comment